I just got an email from BlogHer--the company who puts ads on my site--saying they are switching my blog from the Life category to the Parenting category.
Who me? What a wake-up call.
Who is parenting?
Oh yeah. Us.
Although we've had this little guy for almost 6 weeks, it's difficult to imagine we are parenting anything. I feel like we are focused on surviving and having a little fun doing it.
I thought I would list a few products that have kept us all alive and sane these few weeks.
In no particular order:
1. The Miracle Blanket. It's a wonderful swaddle blanket that shuts up a crying baby in no time.
2. Happiest Baby on the Block. A great book about what babies need the first three months and why.
3. Ergo Performance carrier. Everett loves the carrier, and I love the carrier because I can get things around the house done, while keeping him happy. He usually goes in it after his 8am feeding before his 11am feeding.
4. Nap Nanny. We got a Graco Pack and Play with a newborn insert, but Everett wouldn't sleep in it. We purchased a Nap Nanny, and he sleeps wonderfully in it. We place the Nap Nanny in the Pack and Play on the highest level, and it works wonderful next to our bed.
5. G Diapers and cloth wipes. I know we could survive without these, but I'm really enjoying them. It's so nice to be able to do a simple load of laundry and replenish your supply. No running across town to Target. I also make the diaper wipes wet with Baby Wipe Juice! It takes about 10 seconds to mix it and pour it over them. And, no the laundry isn't bad or gross ;)