August 23, 2012

Showering Laura


Two weeks ago, Kendra, Jenny and I showered Laura at my house in preparation for her baby girl arriving next month. I cooked; I baked a cake; I cleaned the house; but you know what I forgot? To charge my camera! So these photos are half on my camera in between when I had it charging and on an iphone. I didn't get any pre-party shots of all the details. Who am I? But you can see some of them in these. 

Laura is creating a light pink and grey nursery, so that's the theme we went with. The invitation had chevron print on it so I carried that through to the food labels. 


 

Here's the food table: 


And the mommy-to-be: 


And the dessert table:
 


The beverage area. Missed you Kendra!

 

I also learned that photographing a shower is difficult. Most photos look like this: People enjoying the food and talking. Yay!

 
Laura's niece, Bren, was a big help opening the presents. Here she is asking if Laura is finished eating so we can move things along to the gifts!


Another difficult thing about photographing a shower is that a lot of the pictures look like these because little baby things are so darn cute!



Bren continued to be a good gift-opening helper:


Laura got the cutest, softest little pink shoes along with lots of other amazing gifts!


After gifts, it was time to cut the cake. Here are the hostesses, missing Kendra, with Laura.


Bren and Laura's mom posed for us too.


I love this picture! Look at the face Bren is giving me. She's totally unimpressed by my neopolitan cake. "Can I just have a piece of cake please?" Is written all over her face. 



We did manage to grab a girls shot or two.



Even though my photographic evidence is lacking a bit, I think the shower turned out pretty well. 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower. I just wish I could have had some of that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you guys too! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe I'm just now reading this!

    It was all so perfect; I loved every minute of it! Thank you so much for hosting me and helping spoil our little girl. You all outdid yourselves!

    Oh, and I'll probably be stealing some of these pics...

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails