June 28, 2012

Our baby prison/ crib

Chris and I have had a milestone in our relationship, we purchased a crib....for a baby. 


 

Chris was very prepared for this crib with lots of tools...however we only needed a Phillips head screwdriver. 


So we opened the box and found lots of parts. 


I thought they were actually parts to a prison not parts to something for my baby.


But there were pretty parts. 


And instructions. Who reads these? Me. Me! My husband, not so much. So I secretly read them while he was moving the boxes out of the way. 


Miraculously, we got the crib together in no time!


I definitely helped, but I actually hated it. I was so stressed that we would do something wrong and the entire thing would break. 



Can you see the stress? This was not a difficult process, but I couldn't stand the thought of everything crumbling down. I love the finish on this crib, and I was terrified we (I) would screw something wrong and mess it all up.


Grace loved that we were hanging out on the floor with her, and she had to lay her love all over me. Not quite helpful but loving. 


And then all of a sudden there was a crib. For a baby! However, I made Chris go get our watermelon and put it in the crib. Watermelon is almost a baby...right? 


And then there was Porter. He actually tried to jump in the crib on the springs, but I realized he could break a paw on those. We put the cardboard insert back in the crib so Porter could get in it and to cover the springs. 


He was pretty happy to investigate the crib. 


So happy that he decided to stretch out.


And lay out. 


And get real comfortable. 


Chris and I are pretty happy with the crib, and we can't wait to get the bedding, wall decal and BABY to complete the room. But, until then, Porter reigns the crib. 


3 comments:

  1. That crib is gorgeous!  I love the finish, too.  Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Elizabeth WashburnJune 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

    Great job! Let me know if you need a crib mattress we have two : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. for weight, watermelon definitely ='s baby... ;) SO EXCITED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails