September 29, 2011

Washcloth lollipops: Easy Baby Gift

As I've shared, I got a new nephew recently! I decided I needed to find something cute to make for him. I got inspiration from here to make washcloth lollipops. 

The first time I rolled them up, they looked more like flowers. I added two more washcloths to make the ring larger, and they looked more like a lollipop. 

The sticks are baby spoons!

I took step-by-step photos as I made these, but they have disappeared from my camera. I thought I uploaded everything before I cleared my memory card, but I didn't. Sad. Anyway, I ended up with three extra spoons, so I wrapped them together as one stick. 


I printed out an image of real lollipop and taped it to the cellophane sack around the three-as-one spoons. 

I really did take several finished photos, but I don't have them. Thankfully Crystal, my sister-in-law, took this photo of the finished product. 

I wrote, "Happy Birthday, Colton! We're a sucker for you already!"

Get it? Sucker....lollipop. 

I was pleased with the project, and it was the perfect hospital gift. Small and cute, but easy to get home. And useful!


Disqus for The Muddy Truth


Related Posts with Thumbnails