July 4, 2011

Homemade cocktail treats

I was inspired by Martha Stewart's pickled cocktail additions, and I decided to try one of hers and one creation of mine. I chose her pickled radishes, perfect for martinis, and then I researched homemade maraschino cherries, perfect for manhattans. 

First I pitted the fresh cherries.



Perfect little holes.


I then filled two jars with the pitted, fresh cherries. I left the stems on them so they would look fresh and pretty. 


Then I took a bottle of cherry liqueur....


and poured it over the cherries.


Hello, deep, dark mysterious cherry jars.


And, I made custom labels and tied cute bows around the jars. 


I followed Martha's recipe exactly, and put the radishes in a jar with a fun clasp.


They got custom labels too.


These made perfect gifts, especially for someone who likes martinis and manhattans! I made these for Jack for Father's Day.



The cherries were just as beautiful in a drink!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails