March 21, 2011

A Sweet Treat


We've had an exciting weekend at the farm, but before we get to that, you have to know about the cake I made for Chris' 29th birthday dinner at the farm.

I was inspired by his love for black forest cakes. That's the kind he usually gets for his birthday. But not this year. This year, I wanted something different and a little extravagant.


So I made this: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake. Click here to see the blog and the full recipe.





Basically, you make a simple white cake--I know not very exciting, but stick with me--then you stack a layer of cake, a layer of icing, a layer of chocolate-covered cherries, another layer of cake, icing, a dose of hot fudge and finally a layer of Oreo cookie dust.

Hello! Delicious.





It did take some time because you had to refrigerator between several of the layers, but it was pretty impressive. And it tasted delicious. It was sweet, but didn't slap you around like I thought.





Click here to see the cake recipe I used.


Click here to see the icing recipe I used. This icing is my go-to for icing. It taste delicious and is not overly sweet. You can still taste the cake and extras!


And, here's the happy birthday boy!



http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e551040fb78834014e86414542970d

1 comment:

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails