June 21, 2010

I Am Good People

This conversation happened on Facebook, and it confirms why social media is so awesome!

Blaze Masterson Just got my world rocked by some hominy and pork shoulder slow-cooked with some habaneros from Allison Roberts Cook. Thanks, sister!


Blaze Masterson
Blaze Masterson
it worked out like a pseudo-menudo which is both fun to say and unbelievably tasty

Matthew Brizzi
Matthew Brizzi
Are you in Memphis or is Allison in Colorado?

Blaze Masterson
Blaze Masterson
She actually mailed me some habaneros and ghost peppers she won in a contest when I asked what was up with her ghost chili vodka! This is because she is the best person.

Matthew Brizzi
Matthew Brizzi
Allison is good people.

Blaze Masterson
Blaze Masterson
I can't possibly give her enough ups either as a supplier of chilis or as a radical person who is hella nice. also you should read her blog, she and chris are always up to unbearably cute hijinx

Matthew Brizzi
Matthew Brizzi
I should frequent her blog. I've stumbled upon it a few times, like when she posts videos of her cat, who is very unhelpful when it comes to making beds.

Blaze Masterson
Blaze Masterson
cats are generally unhelpful if I can be frank

Allison Roberts Cook
Allison Roberts Cook
Yeah! Can I say I love you both to the moon, and I'm so, so glad you used the peppers! P.S. I'm totally putting this on my blog!


So here's the back story. 
I met J.D., referenced as Blaze Masterson, in the above conversation, when I was a freshman at North Little Rock High School. I think that's right. We had a writing class together, and although questionable looking at first (he towers over my 5-foot self), we became friends. 
Fast forward a few years, J.D., went to Hendrix College. A year later, I went to Hendrix College. I didn't necessary follow him, but we're a like-minded pair. 

My freshman year at Hendrix, I met Matthew. (He will maintain the same name throughout this story.) His love for writing and dry, witty humor made us friends, and actually those qualifications go for J.D. too. I like friends who get my jokes and are skilled in English grammar.

So now we're all friends. Then we graduate Hendrix and are separated. We follow each other on Facebook, occasionally making sly comments or humorous observations about each other. 

Then I start a blog. And shockingly, some people read it! When I posted about winning the box of chilies, and making the Ghost Chili vodka, J.D. sent me a message. He wanted to know more about the hottest chilies in the world! 

Since I had been given a huge box of chilies, and because I think J.D. is an awesome guy, I offered to send him some. I made a little care package of some different chilies, a recipe or two and a note.

I got confirmation on Facebook that he received them, and that was that!

Until the above conversation appeared on Facebook the other day. I thought it was hilarious and very nice. 

It proves to me that social media works, people really read my blog to see videos of Porter, and I know some really good people.

1 comment:

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails