June 8, 2010

After Five Long Years...

After five years of marriage, I deserve a treat. I deserve a treat that I had been talking about for a while, but it was quite a splurge. I deserve a brand new, fancy camera!!


Christopher and my five-year anniversary is actually June 11th. However, two weeks ago we were traveling to my folks' farm for a long weekend, and Chris really wanted me to have the camera to play with there. (See the results here!). Chris had been secretly stashing away money for my present, and Wednesday before we left on the plane, he told me to set aside two hours of the day. He told me we had to run an errand, and when we got in the car, he said we were going to get my anniversary present. 



Usually, I'm very traditional about presents. I like presents on the day of the event; I don't like any hints; I LIKED to be surprised. But when we pulled up to Wolf Camera, I knew I'd be okay with getting my present early. 


I was really happy with the guy we worked with, and he listened to what I wanted. I know there is plenty of discussion between Cannons and Nikons, so we'll leave that alone. I decided on the NikonD5000 because it had high-definition video (really wanted this feature because my little point-and-shoot has video, and I use it all the time), vibration-reduction interchangeable lenses, lots of automatic scene-specific settings, and the swivel screen is nice if you're taking photos of very low items and very high items--the latter is especially good for short folks like me. 


So far, I am really loving it. I'm pretty much sticking to the different automatic modes on it, but along with our purchase, we got several free camera classes. I'll definitely be taking part in those.

 

The 55mm lens came with it, and we also got the 200mm lens.


Here are a few more of my favorite shots so far.  




Thanks, Chris!


3 comments:

  1. Have fun! If you have any questions, John Michael knows a ton about photography! And if you really want to get serious, I have a great website for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE it! That's the same camera body I have and it is great. I have had no complaints in the five months I have had it. It's the perfect size (people complain about DSLRs, but I haven't touched my point-and-shoot since I got it - I just carry big purses!). So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! Great shots of Miss Wes and the hummingbird. And the peaches too!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails