June 1, 2009

Unemployed in the City

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. That is to say, it's the first day in my life that I'm unemployed. So I spent it looking for a job!

I traveled about 20 minutes to the Viking Cooking School in Memphis, and although they didn't have any immediate openings, they said they are always hiring. Could be fun!

While in route, I discovered a Whole Foods!

Interestingly, there's a Ben & Jerry's across the parking lot. Temptation? A cruel trick? Or just wonderful?!?

 So my first jobless day was filled with exploration and no paycheck, but every day can't be perfect. 

Chris spent some time in south Memphis today where he spotted a sign at a gas station promoting a free chicken biscuit with the purchase of a 40. Why he didn't buy several is a mystery to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails